Help for Counselors
Contact us now to schedule an event, order printed resources or for more information.
A Full Year of Financial Aid Literacy
We offer a full year of financial aid literacy presentations geared to help students maximize free money like scholarships and grants, while minimizing student debt. INvested understands the earlier students and families plan appropriately for education after high school, the better. We can customize our presentations for your audience regardless of whether they are in elementary, junior high or high school.
INvested suggests this full year of financial aid literacy to help students throughout the college planning process:
- Early Awareness. Presentation to show students & families tools to help with finding the right major/career, selecting the right college, maximizing FREE money like scholarships & grants, understanding college costs with net price calculators and the impacts of social media on college admission & scholarship decisions.
- Financial Aid Night. Presentation providing an overview of the financial aid process, highlighting key areas of the FAFSA, discussing filing deadlines and common errors.
- FAFSA Completion. Hands on help for students & families as they file their FAFSA. We answer questions as they work through the online application to help ensure submission by state and institutional deadlines.
- Finalizing Financial Aid. Presentation and/or hands-on help for families regarding the steps they need to take to finalize their financial aid plan to maximize FREE money and minimize debt. We discuss the Student Aid Report (SAR) to review FAFSA errors, the verification process, how to review state grant edit issues on ScholarTrack portal, loan options and how to compare financial aid awards.
- College Fairs. If you are hosting a college and/or career fair at your school, we would be happy to set up a table, provide free resources, and talk with students and families about college planning and financial aid. If you would like to have a brief financial aid session before, during or after the fair, we would love to do that as well.
College Planning Resources
INvestEd is committed to helping Hoosier families in various ways. We’ve created several tools to serve as a resource throughout the college planning process. No matter what stage your students are at, our printed resources are helpful. You can access, use and distribute these FREE tools from our Resources section.
College Planning Guide
Provided at all events and distributed by over 100 different schools or youth organizations across Indiana. The guide walks any family through the key steps to consider when selecting a school through the funding options.
One Page Resources
One Page Resources covers various topics like, Top Questions to Ask During Your College Search, Scholarship Search Help, FAFSA Checklist, Creating Your FSA ID, College Cost Comparison, Finalizing Financial Aid and more! These PDF documents help Indiana students with each step of the college planning and funding process.