INvestEd Parent Loan Benefits
Earn a 0.25% ACH interest rate reduction by making auto-debit payments when you begin principal and interest repayment.
The 0.25% ACH interest rate reduction will apply once American Education Services begins to automatically deduct payments and will remain in effect as long as automatic payments continue without interruption during the repayment period. The 0.25% interest rate reduction will not lower the monthly payment amount but will instead reduce the interest amount that accrues. The interest rate reduction will be suspended during approved deferment(s) or forbearance(s) or if automatic payments are rejected due to insufficient funds.
You may apply to have your co-signer released from their obligation after the first 12 consecutive monthly principal and interest payments are received on time as long as you meet the underwriting and credit criteria at the time the co-signer release is requested.
INvestEd understands that situations arise that may demonstrate a need to defer repayment so we offer the following deferment options for the INvestEd Parent Loan:
- Active Duty Military Deferment
- Borrower must be serving on active duty or performing qualifying National Guard duty during a war, other military operation, or national emergency.
- Forbearance/Temporary Hardship Deferment
- Borrowers experiencing periods of financial difficulty may be granted two forbearances per twelve month period.
- Forbearance duration may be from a minimum of one month to a maximum of three months.
- A maximum of twenty-four total months of forbearance may be granted during the life of the loan.
Please Note: Deferments may be requested in writing or by completing and signing a deferment form along with the appropriate requested documentation. All deferments are provided at the sole discretion of INvestEd. No principal and interest payments will be required during the deferment periods, however unpaid interest will accrue and capitalize at the end of the deferment period or re-entering repayment.
We’re Here for You
Connecting with us is easy for you and your family. Call an INvestEd team member at 317-715-9007 or email us. We’re not a normal business hours team — we’re a service hours team! Also, check our Events Calendar to see if we will be at a location near you.