The INvestEd Student Loan offers a number of benefits for borrowers.
Earn a 2.00% principal reduction reward after graduation if you graduate from the degree program that the loan was used to fund and your graduation date is more than 90 days and less than six years after the date of the loan’s first disbursement.
To receive the graduation benefit, you must:
- Request the 2% reward.
- Provide adequate documentation to verify proof of your graduation.
- Be current on any loans you have borrowed through INvestEd. To be current, your loans may not be more than 30 days delinquent or in a default status as of your graduation date and until any graduation reward principal reduction is applied.
If you qualify for this benefit:
- The graduation reward will be awarded within 90 days of verification of eligibility.
- The loan servicer will calculate 2% of the outstanding principal balance as of the graduation date and apply that amount as a principal reduction to your loan.
- You are only eligible to receive the graduation benefit one time per loan.
Earn a 0.25% interest rate reduction by making auto-debit payments when you begin principal and interest repayment.
The 0.25% interest rate reduction will apply once American Education Services begins to automatically deduct payments and will remain in effect as long as automatic payments continue without interruption during the repayment period. The 0.25% interest rate reduction will not lower the monthly payment amount but will instead reduce the interest amount that accrues. The interest rate reduction will be suspended during approved deferment(s) or forbearance(s) or if automatic payments are rejected due to insufficient funds.
You may apply to have your cosigner released from their obligation after the first 48 consecutive monthly principal and interest payments are received on time as long as you meet the underwriting and credit criteria at the time the cosigner release is requested.