You have questions. We have answers. INvestEd helps Hoosiers navigate student loan refinancing.
Student loans are a double-edged sword. On the one hand, they may have made college possible. On the other, it may feel like you’ll never get them paid off. The truth is, you can get out from under them and refinancing them into a new loan with lower rates may be the answer. We’re INvestEd, an Indiana not-for-profit that has been helping Hoosier families access and fund education for over 35 years. Now we’re helping new families refinance existing high-interest private and federal loans to better manage their educational loan debt. There are three key questions to ask to find out if refinancing makes sense for you:
- Can I get a lower interest rate on my current loans?
- Can I reduce the overall amount I have to repay?
- Can I lower my monthly payment?
We get it: you've got other things on your mind right now. Enter your email address and we'll remind you later.
You got it!
We'll remind you in a few days.
Rates, Eligibility, & Benefits
- Variable rates range from 2.73% APR – 6.37% APR and Fixed rates range from 3.17% APR – 6.89% APR
- Repayment term options: 5, 10, 15, & 20 years *
- Refinance Amount:
- Minimum: $5,000
- Maximum: $250,000
For important loan disclosures:
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Borrower and co-signer (if applicable) must have established credit history and meet annual income requirements.
- Eligible loans include private and federal loans that are in good standing (as defined by INvestEd)
This list of criteria is not exhaustive. For additional details, please click the Learn More button below.
- Earn a 0.25% ACH interest rate reduction by making auto-debit payments.
- Co-signer release opportunity after 48 consecutive on-time principal and interest payments.
- Multiple deferment options
I’m ready to apply
Our application is straightforward and easy to use. We’ll guide you, step-by-step, to help you get your best rate. Our application should only take a few minutes to complete, but you’re welcome to start it now, save your work, and come back if you get pulled away.
To complete your application, you’ll need:
- Your Social Security Number
- 2 most recent pay stubs (to verify your income)
- Your previous year W-2 forms (to verify employment)
- Information of your current loans (lender, interest rate, balance, etc.)
DISCLAIMER – Subject to credit approval, loans are made by INvestEd or Bank of Lake Mills. Bank of Lake Mills does not have an ownership interest in INvestEd. Neither INvestEd nor Bank of Lake Mills is affiliated with the school you attended or are attending. Bank of Lake Mills is Member FDIC. None of the information contained in this website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by INvestEd or Bank of Lake Mills or their respective affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service.