You have questions. We have answers. INvestEd helps Hoosiers navigate student loan refinancing.
Student loans are a double-edged sword. On the one hand, they may have made college possible. On the other, it may feel like you’ll never get them paid off. The truth is, you can get out from under them and refinancing them into a new loan with lower rates may be the answer. We’re INvestEd, an Indiana not-for-profit that has been helping Hoosier families access and fund education for over 35 years. Now we’re helping new families refinance existing high-interest private and federal loans to better manage their educational loan debt. There are three key questions to ask to find out if refinancing makes sense for you:
- Can I get a lower interest rate on my current loans?
- Can I reduce the overall amount I have to repay?
- Can I lower my monthly payment?
We get it: you've got other things on your mind right now. Enter your email address and we'll remind you later.
You got it!
We'll remind you in a few days.
Rates, Eligibility, & Benefits
- Variable rates range from 3.08% – 6.72% APR and Fixed rates range from 4.51% – 8.20% APR
- Repayment term options: 5, 10, 15, & 20 years *
- Refinance Amount:
- Minimum: $5,000
- Maximum: $250,000
For important loan disclosures, click here.
- Must be an Indiana resident
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Borrower and co-signer (if applicable) must have established credit history and meet annual income requirements.
- Eligible loans include private and federal loans that are in good standing (as defined by INvestEd) and used to fund an education at an eligible institution (as defined by INvestEd).
This list of criteria is not exhaustive. For additional details, please click the Learn More button below.
- Earn a 0.25% ACH interest rate reduction by making auto-debit payments.
- Co-signer release opportunity after 48 consecutive on-time principal and interest payments.
- Multiple deferment options
I’m ready to apply
Our application is straightforward and easy to use. We’ll guide you, step-by-step, to help you get your best rate. Our application should only take a few minutes to complete, but you’re welcome to start it now, save your work, and come back if you get pulled away.
To complete your application, you’ll need:
- 2 most recent pay stubs (to verify your income)
- Your Social Security Number
- The information of your current loans
- Proof of Indiana residency